Scout Digital is seeking an enthusiastic Bookkeeper to support our growing company. This role would focus on helping send and collect invoices, entering data into Quickbooks, tackling special projects, and assisting our Director of Marketing & Director of Operations with the day-to-day tasks of our growing 30+ person company.
The right candidate for this position is patient, good with numbers, and has close attention to detail. We’re looking for a second set of eyes to make sure our i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed. As with a small company where people are required to wear many hats, we need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Entering monthly invoices & payments in Quickbooks
- Coordinating with Client Services team on monthly support invoices
- Entering credit card data into Quickbooks on a weekly basis and retrieving receipts for all credit card purchases made thru company and employee purchases
- Reconciling all credit cards on a monthly basis
- Reconciling end of month bank statements
- Assisting with special projects, finance and non-finance related, such as developing new financial processes (ex. commission reporting, expense reports), CMS data entry, reporting, and more
- Assisting in Payroll Management, collections accounts receivable & payable, year-end accounting
We love where we live, what we do, and who we work with. We believe in taking charge, collaborating, having fun, and getting our stuff done. There is a method behind our madness, and by keeping things playful, we challenge conformity, encourage experimentation, and constantly growing.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience: 3-5 years experience with marketing agency preferred
Skills: Time management, strong communication skills, interest in continual education within the field, commitment to seeing Scout Digital grow, proper job costing and analysis, financial statement reporting (balance sheet, the profit/loss statement, and cash flow statement), detail-oriented, commitment to follow through on tasks, fluency with Quickbooks Online, Bill.com, Receipt Bank, Paydata Payroll, Bambo HR
Personal Qualities: Empathetic approach to client management, attention to detail, openness to collaboration and teamwork, openness to keeping up-to-date software and technology within the field.
Nice-Haves: Project management experience, Office management capabilities
Location: Remote Enabled
Position Status: Salaried $50-60,000
Reports To: Director of Operations
Scout Digital is a full-service creative agency that exists to help you tell your story. Scout Digital partners with clients to grow their business through holistic data-driven creative systems. Experts in video production, branding, design + UX, development, and digital marketing, the team at Scout Digital is composed of remarkably talented individuals who are all masters in their craft. As a result of this success, the organization is looking for a Project Manager (reporting to the Director of Operations) to help guide our client projects to success.
What you will do:
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on a budget to clients who feel great about the work. Once the sales process has ended, you will be the leader of client project delivery. You will support the overarching schedule for multiple projects and be responsible for working alongside all stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes for Scout Digital and our clients. You will do this using the best-in-class project management methodology that you regularly share with the team.
- Interpret client needs and turn them into project outcomes; you will be the liaison between the client and the rest of our team. You will be responsible for anticipating and understanding client needs and transforming those into project outcomes with appropriate resources and timelines. You will be responsible for managing two-way communication; both from the client to our internal team and from the internal team to the client. You understand how to appropriately scope projects and are able to identify and sell work that is out of scope but makes the client project more successful.
- Remove barriers; when there are blocks on either our internal team or externally on the client-side, you are able to work through them and ensure the project stays on track. You value collaborative teamwork and are willing to work together to resolve issues and problem solve. You seek out opportunities to continuously improve our ways of working at Scout Digital.
- Ensure quality on projects that are being launched; you will have ultimate accountability for the end result of our projects. As such, you will need to effectively act as a quality assurance checkpoint for client work. When projects need more attention, you are able to speak to those responsible internally and get a great result. You maintain our high standards for output.
Who You Are:
- Relationship-builder and influencer; you are great at getting what you want while making every stakeholder feel good along the way. Managers trust you, employees trust you and so do clients. You are able to anticipate the needs of our clients and our internal resources so that projects are delivered seamlessly and with little stress. Based on these relationships you create, clients feel a deep sense of trust in our delivery and do not need to escalate issues. You know how to win others over and have a good grasp of how others are feeling in a relationship.
- Communication Expert; You are proactive and able to convey facts that are digestible and inspire action and trust. You are comfortable pushing back when necessary in order to meet goals and timeframes. You are not afraid to have difficult conversations, particularly around deadlines and scope changes. Whether it’s your discipline in impeccably written documentation with clients or your ability to verbally share feedback with the team, you are known for your ability to both share information and listen.
- Deeply responsible; you are the person who never lets a ball drop. You keep yourself accountable to the point where it inspires others to do the same. You are also able to hold others accountable through the trust and care you’ve created with everyone on the team. When looking at a company from a holistic view, you strive to collaboratively enhance efficiency, productivity, and profitability while tightening overall business practices.
- Have knowledge of PM software (ideally JIRA) and marketing; you likely have been in a similar role for a marketing agency and are familiar with PM software and how it’s used to deliver great outcomes. If you haven’t done this role in a marketing capacity, we welcome you to share how your past experiences translate.
Experience with Agile methodology; you likely have a background working with Agile methodology and are continuously seeking ways to improve. You are familiar with leading, organizing, and motivating teams, the software development life cycle, working in sprints, and perhaps you already possess a Scrum Master certification.
Location: Remote Enabled
Working at Scout Digital, you’ll apply your design thinking skills to define, design, and refine real-world problems for clients of all sizes across a wide variety of industries. You’ll primarily focus on designing, prototyping, and testing for our custom WordPress sites with occasional contributions to other assets like marketing collateral, branding, and social graphics. You should be able to think on your feet, learn from mistakes quickly, have excellent attention to detail and consistency, communicate fluidly with clients and teammates, and be ready to work at the edge of your comfort zone.
Essential Job Duties
- Collaborate with team in design sprints
- Assist in conducting user research and competitor analysis
- Utilize user insights to create personas, sitemaps, user flows, and storyboards
- Create wireframes and visual designs
- Create and maintain project design systems
- Create prototypes
- Conduct usability testing
- Present project progress to clients
- Collaborate with Developers to ensure the faithful execution of designs
- Estimate effort, collaborate with project managers to plan schedules and manage time effectively
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 1-2 years of UX or Web Design Experience (or equivalent experience)
Skills: Time management, core understanding of design principles, knowledge of UX best practices and trends, fluency with: Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud tools
Personal Qualities: Empathetic approach to design, attention to detail, openness to collaboration and teamwork, openness to keeping up to date with evolving UX and design methodologies/best practices
Nice to Haves
- Project management experience
- Motion design experience using After Effects or Principle
- Experience working with and designing for WordPress
- Knowledge of Atomic Design or similar modular design methodology
- Experience working with GV Design Spring or Lean UX methodologies
- A love for dogs
We are seeking contractors to add to our in-house development pool on a project or retainer basis. Scout Digital seeks a self-motivated and results-driven WordPress/PHP Developer who has a passion for creating elegant solutions with clean code.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, you’ll assist the development department in new site builds, feature requests, internal testing, quality control.
When working for Scout Digital as a contractor, you must possess a working knowledge of digital tools and remote work that will allow for seamless integration into our team via our organizational suite of tools.
You should be comfortable with version control (we use GIt/GitHub/Bitbucket), build tools (like Grunt & Gulp), and have deep knowledge of the WordPress core functions and PHP’s native functions. We build performant hand-coded websites with as few plugins or options as possible, to maintain the best UX and highest page speeds possible. Therefore, you should have a deep knowledge of the WordPress loop, WordPress template hierarchy, creating custom post types & taxonomies, and experience with the REST API. A solid understanding of front-end technologies as a whole is beneficial as well. Scout Digital is a fast-paced environment focused on client success, but this is balanced with the focus on our team members and ensuring their success & continued personal and professional development. We work hard, create great work together, and grow and learn in leaps & bounds. As we are a small team that works closely together, excellent communication skills are required for success.
Essential Job Duties
- Building custom WordPress sites with our proprietary theme framework which heavily leverages ACF dynamic content blocks
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Use clean, consistent, and commented syntax throughout your project and structure your file system according to our standards
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs and leverage 3rd party JS libraries as needed to create custom features for client projects (think Mapbox.js, Square Developer’s API, etc.)
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Manage DNS changes across servers for all manner of operations
- Manage repos in GitHub or Bitbucket and on our servers
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement in our products or workflow
- Communicate clearly and effectively with our design team and the client when necessary and in our daily standups
- Minimum 3 years experience developing in WordPress
- Strong knowledge of PHP & WordPress Core functions
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields
- Masterful understanding of HTML/SCSS
- Strong knowledge of JS for front-end development
- Proficient understanding of version control systems (such as Git)
- Some experience with Build Tools (Grunt, Gulp, or others)
- Solid understanding of the Command Line tools
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with SQL/MySQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Experience managing or operating Linux servers
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines