2. Communicate your offering
Sell successfully online with a clear, attractive, and engaging user experience. Inform and delight your visitors, then guide them seamlessly to the products most relevant to their needs or interests. Here’s a few points to consider:
- Start with great, concise messaging tat clarifies the who, what and why of your business
- Categorize your products by type, theme, size, color and/or benefit
- Connect similar products for cross-sell opportunities
- Include fan testimonials and a human story around your leadership and team members
3. Set up product pages
Create a product display page (PDP) for each of your products. This page is intended to show off 1 product at a time in its full glory, and encourage a purchase. A PDP often includes the following elements:
- Multiple product photos
- Detailed product description
- Ratings and reviews from real customers
- Links to additional products of interest (up-sell)
- Check out button and call to action (CTA)
4. Offer a valuable incentive
Who doesn’t love a deal? Increase your sales by offering free shipping above a certain threshold, or a 10% off coupon.
5. Choose your method of payment
The easiest approach is to link your eCommerce to Paypal, however there are numerous payment gateways to consider based on your platform of choice, and personal preferences. At Scout Digital we like Paypal because the transaction fees are industry standard and you can accept both credit and debit cards. Your customers can also link straight to their Paypal accounts to fulfill a purchase through your eCommerce store.
6. Connect to a fulfillment center
Get your physical goods into the hands of your customers by linking your inventory to a fulfillment center that will ship your product when you receive a purchase. Fulfillment is typically integrated into the eCommerce platform of your choice. For WooCommerce, your store can integrate with top-of-the-line services like ShipStation, ShippingEasy, Fulfillment By Amazon and more.
7. Sell, test, and optimize
Once your eCommerce store is setup and ready for business, study the data every week. What’s selling and what isn’t? Look at the trends and adjust your sales messaging, descriptions, photos, and even pricing to improve harmony with your customers. Test new incentives, and solicit reviews from your best fans.
About Scout Digital
At Scout Digital we build beautiful online experiences and powerful marketing programs to help our clients solve challenges and realize opportunities. We believe that the most engaging brands are storytellers, and we develop narratives to help you foster meaningful connections with your customers.