We’re currently looking to add a new WordPress Developer & Support position to our fun, energetic team to help us build and maintain custom WordPress sites for awesome brands.
This role is a development and support hybrid; allowing interaction with our clients on a regular basis as well as continuing to advance your development skills by building new websites using our UX strategy and WordPress best practices.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with an in-house designer to build custom WordPress sites from high fidelity mockups
- Support clients with excellent customer service via phone and HelpDesk
- Input client-supplied content into sites as they are being developed
- Work with all members of Scout Digital to troubleshoot problems as they arise
- Project manage effectively and with team members to ensure tickets are addressed and completed in a timely manner
- Keep skill set up to date with the current best design, code, and SEO best practices
- *Potential for nights and weekends for emergency support only at an increased hourly rate
- *In-house preferred, a remote position considered for the right candidate
Who You Are
- A team-player with a strong work ethic who can roll with the punches
- Someone that enjoys helping others and providing excellent customer service
- Able to educate clients about how to update their site using WordPress
- Ability to work independently, adapt quickly and balance various responsibilities
- Organized with strong attention to detail and time management
- Passionate about development, and a WordPress lover!
- Advanced and thorough knowledge of WordPress
- Experienced working with custom WordPress templates or child themes
- Works well in a team environment and enjoy learning from those around you
- A knack for explaining complex issues to clients who may not be tech-savvy
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Familiar with web accessibility standards
Nice to Haves
- Familiar with SASS and Git
- Experienced with Sketch and Avocode
- Proficient with Google Analytics
- Experienced with WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, and Advanced Custom Fields
- Experienced with ZenDesk
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative atmosphere, autonomy, and responsibility from day one.
- An open-minded and remote enabled working environment, driven by high energy levels, creativity, and passion for helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Professional development opportunities for all employees through training and workshops.
- Growth opportunity in a quickly scaling startup.
- Office dogs, Megadesks™, lots of snacks, creative freedom, and fun coworkers.
- Competitive salary and opportunity for equity-based compensation.
Interested in applying? Send along your cover letter, resume, and portfolio if applicable to [email protected].