Support Developer Internship
Are you a current college student or recent grad looking to gain experience in an exciting WordPress agency here in Burlington, VT?
Look no further because USM Interactive, an award winning design and development shop that works with a wide variety of awesome local and regional businesses, is looking for a Support Developer intern to join our team.
Working alongside our Development and Support department, the Support Developer intern will be responsible for helping update and maintain our client’s WordPress websites. This will initially focus on providing content input and edits as you familiarize yourself with our sites, but may also include responding to Support requests submitted through our ticketing system, and even handling some Support phone calls as well.
As you might expect, this role entails timeliness in ticket replies, accurate content input, and a high degree of professionalism when dealing with clients and co-workers – but let’s make sure you’ve got an upbeat attitude and are looking to have fun, too! And while this is currently an intern position, it has the opportunity to become a full-time, salaried position in the future.
- Managing and completing support tickets as they are submitted by clients
- Inputting client-supplied content into sites as they are being developed
- Work with all members of the USM team to troubleshoot problems
- Keeping skill set up to date with current design and technologies
- Someone that enjoys helping others and serious about client satisfaction
- Autonomous, adapt quickly and can balance various responsibilities
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail
- Passionate about development and a WordPress lover!
- Thorough knowledge of WordPress and Bootstrap
- Knowledge of PHP, HTML 5, CSS/SASS
- The ability to work well in a team environment and enjoy learning from those around you
- Four year college degree (Current students are encouraged to apply)
- Applicable course work in website development
- Good communication and writing skills
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic and team mentality
Schedule: Minimum 20 hours per week.
Follow Up: Email your resume and a cover letter outlining why you’re interested working at USM Interactive to [email protected], along with a link to your recent dev samples.
USM Interactive is an equal opportunity employer.