The Scouts Internship Program is designed to give current college students the ability to create content and perform meaningful work for clients. We give interns (our “scouts”) the opportunity to learn from seasoned industry professionals, and to be mentored directly by members of the leadership team at Scout Digital. We provide a creative and collaborative space to work directly with our clients and create a project of their choice to focus on for the four-month duration of their internship. All interns will meet together once a week in a research group to produce a document that highlights all of the new trends in each of our respective departments: Business Development, Marketing, Web Development, Design and Video.
To be a Scout, you must be willing to push boundaries in your industry by identifying key trends and bringing them to our attention. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are excited to contribute your skills to create meaningful work. And you are ready to take on the responsibilities given to you to succeed.
Each application should include a professional resume, cover letter, links to portfolio or worksamples (if applicable). All positions are trainable and we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
- This is a for-credit internship for Spring Semester, but we are available to interview for Summer and Fall internships.
- This position reports to the Head of Marketing & Client Services.
This individual will be highly motivated to flex their design skills and creativity, and be tasked to work within digital marketing parameters with a high focus on execution. They will be primarily responsible for content needs being implemented from our marketing strategy, this includes execution in: social media, email campaigns, ad copy/set up, blogs, and implementing website copy and content. This person must have a design eye, and be able to create engaging content for us and our clients.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media Management Tools; Hootsuite, Later.com, HubSpot
- Email Campaign Management Tools; experience in MailChimp, HubSpot
- Channel Knowledge; Facebook/Facebook Live, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo
- Creative Flair and Eye for Design
- Copywriting experience and/or excellent grammar
- Knowledge of WordPress (training provided)
- Inputting content to websites
- Social Media Templates, Brochures
- Be willing to take direction, and to not take criticism or client feedback personally.
- Abide by Scout Digital’s documentation standards, processes, and best practices.
- Be able to work independently, be proactive and ask questions for clarity or to relay ideas.
- Ability to take initiative and go beyond what is “required” of you for projects.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a start-up mentality.
- Results-oriented and demonstrates diligence in your work.
- Creative and imaginative vision.
- Willing to take risks and to be undaunted by failure.
- Following through an idea to execution with the ability to self-manage.
- Enjoys a collaborative environment.
- Strong sense of professionalism and acute attention to detail.
- Additional qualifications for an ideal candidate:
- Content Creation: Sketch
- Social Media Management Tools: Bomb-Bomb
- Channel Knowledge: SnapChat, TikTok
- Ad Experience: Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, etc.
- Data Mining and Audience Development
What we offer
- A highly collaborative atmosphere, autonomy and responsibility from day one.
- An open-minded and remote enabled working environment, driven by high energy levels, creativity, and passion for helping our clients achieve their goals.
- Professional development opportunities for all employees through training and workshops.
- Growth opportunity in a quickly scaling start up.
- Potential for future paid internships or full-time position offers after graduation
Interested in applying? Send along your cover letter, resume, and portfolio if applicable to [email protected].